The detector is a sensitive optical sensor designed to detect, in the presence of ambient light, the radiant energy emitted by burning or glowing embers being transported on conveyor belts. Conveyor belts move material from one process to the next and the ember detectors are used to detect embers or fires moving on the conveyor before they reach the subsequent processing machinery or storage hoppers.
- 80 ms response time.
- User adjustable sensitivity range of 10 to 50 μW/cm2
- NEMA 4 rated enclosure for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Simple mounting flange makes it easy to install and clean detectors.
- Optional air-purge mounting flange and compressor to aid lens maintenance.
- Flexible output options can be combined to meet application
- 3, 4 or 6 Wire Interface
- Dry Contacts or 24 V
- Latching or 1 Second Pulse
- Internal EOL Options (Dry Contacts Only)
|Spectral Response||4.0 – 4.6 microns|
|Sensitivity||10 – 50 μW/cm2|
|Detection Range||30 cm – 1 m / 12” – 39”|
|Response Time||80 ms|
|Field of View||90°|
|Temperature Range||-40oC to 60oC (-40oF to 140oF)|
|Humidity||Up to 85%|
|Materials (Enclosure)||Coated Aluminum Body, Stainless Steel 303 Lens Holder|
|Mounting||Custom Flange, Optional Custom Air Purge Flange|
|Dimensions (Cubic)||86 mm x 86 mm x 82 mm / 3.4” x 3.4” x 3.2”|
|Weight||2.2 kg / 1.0 lb|
|Water and Dust||NEMA 4Electrical Specifications|
|Operating Voltage||20 – 28 VDC|
|Power Consumption||15 mA operating, 35 mA alarm|
|Wiring||18 AWG, 7 conductors|
|Electrical Interface||3, 4 or 6 Wire Interfaces|
|Relay||Dry Contacts, rated for 24VDC, 1 A (latching or 1 second pulse)|
|Electrical||24 VDC (latching or 1 second pulse)Approvals|